[Zope] Generating thumbnails on the fly using PIL

Pieter Claerhout Pieter_Claerhout@CreoScitex.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:20:43 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to make an external method that creates a thumbnail of an image
on the fly. I want to give it the url of the image and return the image
data. It should look something like:

<dtml-var "MakeThumb('/path/to/my/image.jpg', (64, 32))">

I figured out already that I should use a StringIO object to store the raw
image data in, so that PIL has an object to work with. The only two things
I'm struggling with still are:

- How do you get the data of the image in the StringIO object?
- How do you return the thumbnail image?

Hope that somebody can help with this.

Cheers,

Pieter