[Zope] Re: Checking if cookies enabled

Tille, Andreas TilleA@rki.de
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:38:43 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Lars Heber wrote:

> Another possibility without using any JavaScript, thus independent from
> the JS settings of the user is:
>
> DTML method cookieTest:
>
> <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setCookie('cookiesAllowed', 'yes')">
> </head>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
Something about cookies in general:  I'm bothered by cookies and so
I made my cookies file a symbolic link to /dev/null.  This works perfectly
with Zope but you can't relay on reading out cookies for sure.
By the way, several sites which claim to require cookies work with
this settings and I do not have to clean up regularly my cookies file :).

Kind regards

          Andreas.