[Zope] Tarversal Issue

Stadtverwaltung Schwarzenberg Stadtverwaltung Schwarzenberg" <stadtverwaltung@schwarzenberg.de
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:04:55 +0100

Hi there...

I got a little Problem with Zope (d'uh - what else would I wite this mail
for ;-) ). I am trying to create a new website on an already existing Zope
Server which alread hosts another site. So I created a new Folder (let's
call it "bar") on the root Folder of this other server added a SiteRoot
Objcet, etc....

Now there is one Problem: this old server defines a property "foo" in its
root Folder. By accident I use the same name for an HTML form value. So what
happens is that every time I submit this form my REQUEST.form['foo'] is
overwritten  by the other servers root folder "foo" property because Zope
first traverses the ZODB and only then scans the REQUEST object. So if I
write <dtml-var foo missing=""> I get the value of root.foo instead of
REQUEST.form['foo'].

Now it would be easy to rename my foo attribute but I used it in quite a lot
of places, so I this would mean a lot of work. But what I thought about is,
if it is possible to somehow tell zope to stop traversal once it reached my
the "bar" folder, one level beforereching the root folder. Is there any way
to achieve this?

Falk