[Zope] R20 mapping

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:57:08 -0800

I'll take a look at it; primarily, I guess I'm curious how it maps threads
and transactions; does it use a DA to manage that?  I guess I can look at
the code? Thanks for pointing this out.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephan Richter [mailto:srichter@cbu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 11:49 AM
To: sean.upton@uniontrib.com; jacob@prisonbooks.org; zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] can I move my zope site off zope?

>Best: Python API / abstracted framework for data access, used by Zope
Python
>product; well documented with UML diagrams of class relationships and
>inheritance; ZPT for presentation.  Persistent objects in ODB represent
>underlying relational data.  Reuse of code and patterns on future products.

You know there is a tool called DBObjects out there that does the R2O
mapping for you... ;-) It is used in some major projects too...
Unfortunately, you need to know how to write Python products (just a little
bit of it); one day I will use MakeProduct to generate all that
automatically as well.
Site: http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/DBObjects

>The downside to this is that it makes you do more work than simply using a
>DA... but it buys flexibility...

DBObjects does not bypass anything... :-)

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter