[Zope] nested zclass ftp problems

Chris Price cprice@orbik.com
28 Nov 2001 11:05:02 -0600

Hi all,

I posted about this yesterday and didn't get any responses... I'm
interpreting that as an indicator that no one knows a solution or
workaround to my problem.  So now I'm hoping (read: begging! :) that
someone can at least confirm that this is indeed a bug/issue as opposed
to just a problem with my install.  I have searched the archives and not
seen anything addressing it.

I am running 2.4.3.  Here is how to reproduce the problem:

1) create a product
2) create a zclass inside the product
3) create a nested zclass inside of the first zclass (in the
propertysheets/methods area)
4) create a dtml doc inside of the second zclass (again in the
propertysheets/methods area)

Now, FTP into your zserver.  cd into control_panel, products, <name of
your product>, <name of your first zclass>, propertysheets, methods,
<name of your second (nested) zclass>, propertysheets.  This should work
fine.  Do an 'ls' and you should see the 'methods' directory.  Now try
to cd into it.  You will get a 'No such directory' error.

If anyone can confirm that this happens to them too, I would really,
*really* appreciate it...

thanks!
chris