[Zope] How big a site can Zope handle?

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 21:56:06 +0100

From: "Chris McDonough" <chrism@zope.com>
> This is a highly subjective question and depends entirely on how the
> software that does the discussion system is written and what
> persistence mechanism it uses.  There is no general answer.  The
> answer (and I've found this out the hard way) is to do testing of your
> software before you put it in to production. Zope as a platform can
> support high transaction rates.  The rest is up to you.

So, the question is really then: "How do I make my software support a large
amount of concurrent posts?" :-)

I'm not 100% sure what you mean with "persistence mechanisms". I was first
and foremost thinking about just storing things in ZODB, and not using an
external DB if that's what you are referring too.