[Zope] Locale support in STXNG since 2.4.0

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:10:06 -0500

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 11:01:06AM +0100, Elena Schulz wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> thanks for your reply. But it does not work with my Zope 2.4.3 (win98) I start Zope like so:
> "J:\Zope\ZopeSite\bin\python.exe" "J:\Zope\ZopeSite\z2.py" -D -L "german" %1
> %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
>
> and refer to structurd text like: <dtml-var stxTest fmt=structured-text> where stxTest is a dtml-method containing umlaute.
> But ä, ü, ö and other non ascii-characters are still not rendered properly.
>
> Then I replaced the structured Text Folder with the Structured Text Folder from the CVS today and still no rendering of
> ä, ü, ö. Am I missing something? Changing the -L "german" to -L "de_DE" gives a not 'supported error on your system' on starting Zope so -L "german" seems to be the right activation of the locale.

Using -L "de_DE" should work on any Unix system with corresponding
locale support. I must admit I have never tried to use locale
support under Windows so I can't currently check the problem.

Andreas