[Zope] jcNTUserFolder imports users, but not user groups

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:15:07 +0000

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:14:40 +0100, "Igor Leturia" <IGOR@emun.com>
wrote:

>  Hi:
>
>  I want to build an intranet where different users will have access to
>different things. I have installed jcNTUserFolder so that I don't have
>to enter the users twice (first in my NT domain and then in Zope) and it
>works fine. I have some user groups defined in my NT domain, and I would
>like these groups to be the roles in Zope, so that I don't have to
>define these groups/roles twice. Does jcNTUserFolder import the roles
>from the NT groups? If not so, would it be possible to build a product
>that does this (I mean, are there python functions that can access to
>the NT groups)?

jcNTUserFolder is a fork of my product NTUserFolder. What you are
requesting is to undo the 'improvements' jcNTUF made over the original
NTUF. You might want to look at my original.

Note NTUserFolder (and possibly jcNTUserFolder, im not sure) are not
100% compatible with the current zope security machinery. You may need
to do some debugging to find out what doesnt work.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com