[Zope] Zope and mime types ???

Frank Stephan frank_stephan@gmx.de
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 23:22:36 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem with Zope and mime types.
I have Zope 2.4.1 running behind Apache web server and
the product I use is the DocumentLibrary. Th DL
determines the type of document by analyzing the content type.
When I upload a Word document from a machine where Word is installed
the correct type 'application/msword' is found. But uploading the same file
from a PC without a Word installation the 'application/octet-stream' type
is determined. Now I am totally confused about content types and mime types.

I hope some can answer the following questions:

1. Is this a normal behaviour?
2. How does Zope determine the content / mime type?
3. How does Zope determine the content / mime type when running behind
Apache?

TIA

Frank