[Zope] Http API Ping

Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:49:42 +1000

Couple of ways to do it:

  easiest is to embed an invisible 1x1 image in the bottom corner, and
make it your external URL.

  second easiest is to do the naive urllib.urlopen approach - no timeouts,
anything like that

  you could also do this with a timeout - you have to do some of it yourself,
using select.select - I can post some code for this if you like.

Anthony