[Zope] Data.fs recovered

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
12 Oct 2001 15:58:07 +0200

fre, 2001-10-12 kl. 15:43 skrev Rich Pinder:
> WOW.. from 2 gb to 117 mb ??  i missed some of this thread, but when you
> say 'truncate' are you saying you actually removed LOTS of data from the
> Data.fs, and then packed?  or is that kind of extra 'garbage' just what
> happened with using zope after some time ?  thats amazing !!

No a little misunderstading has happened here :-)

First I truncated the Data.fs file from 2.1 something GB to 2 GB and
then restarted Zope ... and then I packed the database ...

I know it was a big clean up but I didn't pay any attention to the pack
functionality untill today :-((

Now I need to see if we can start Zope with our non-truncated Data.fs
file and pack that one - because we have lost some data from wedneysday
untill friday ... But it is better to only have lost 2 days of work
instead of a couple of weeks ...

Gitte