[Zope] addImage and manage_addImage problem

Scott Kuei skuei@scripps.edu
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:14:32 -0700

--------------72EF23081BE7F49841D82358

Hi there,

I am trying to make a picture gallery management webpage using zope

and I have some questions. I am trying to write something that people

can upload their images and annotate them as they are uploading them.

In the beginning I used the function manage_addImage(...) to upload the

image of user. But I found that if I can use the addImage(...) function

to upload the images, the users can have more options of their annotations.

For example, users can annotate their own descriptions, unlike the

manage_addImage(...) functions only take the arguments of the title

and the file. I was trying to find out what kind of objects can use

the function addImage(...) instead of manage_addImage(...)? Because

I have tried the ZCatalog and ZPhotoblbum objects and it gives me

an "attribute error" when I use addImage function. But manage_addImage(...)

 function works for all the objects. By the way, the manage_addImage

function is in the Image.py module in OFS folder, and the addImage

 function is in the Image.py module in CMFDefault folder. Please

give me some suggestions. Thank you.

Scott,

--------------72EF23081BE7F49841D82358

<pre>Hi there,</pre>

<pre>I&nbsp;am trying to make a picture gallery management webpage using zope</pre>

<pre>and I&nbsp;have some questions. I&nbsp;am trying to write something that people</pre>

<pre>can upload their images and annotate them as they are uploading them.</pre>

<pre>In the beginning I&nbsp;used the function manage_addImage(...) to upload the</pre>

<pre>image of user. But I&nbsp;found that if I&nbsp;can use the addImage(...) function</pre>

<pre>to upload the images, the users can have more options of their annotations.</pre>

<pre>For example, users can annotate their own descriptions, unlike the</pre>

<pre>manage_addImage(...) functions only take the arguments of the title</pre>

<pre>and the file. I&nbsp;was trying to find out what kind of objects can use</pre>

<pre>the function addImage(...) instead of manage_addImage(...)? Because</pre>

<pre>I&nbsp;have tried the ZCatalog and ZPhotoblbum objects and it gives me</pre>

<pre>an "attribute error" when I&nbsp;use addImage function. But manage_addImage(...)</pre>

<pre>&nbsp;function works for all the objects. By the way, the manage_addImage</pre>

<pre>function is in the Image.py module in OFS folder, and the addImage</pre>

<pre>&nbsp;function is in the Image.py module in CMFDefault folder. Please</pre>

<pre>give me some suggestions. Thank you.</pre>

<pre>Scott,</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------72EF23081BE7F49841D82358--