[Zope] Install zope windows

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:58:05 -0500

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:45:21PM +0000, Juli?n Mu?oz Dom?nguez wrote:

> Uhm, zope is a bit slow to start in Windows ......
> It took 1 hour on a windows virtual machine (vmware,Linux), and about 10
> minutes in a 200Mhz cpu machine.

Something is very, very wrong. My home server is a Pentium 166 with
64MB RAM, and Zope just started in 51s -- much as I'd love to, I have
a hard time believing that a Linux machine would be over 10 times
faster than Windows on something like that.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu