[Zope] A new list needed?

Joel Burton joel@joelburton.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:14:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:

> I'm looking for/want a Zope mailing list that's for more advanced
> programming under Zope.
>
> zope-dev is for Zope innards, which isn't appropriate, and I think the level
> of some of the stuff that comes through zope@zope.org is a little low
> (and fairly repetitive), which seems to remove most of the skilled people
> from the list due to noise.
>
> A zope-hackers type list would be quite useful I think. Anyone else think
> it would be a good idea?

Speaking of repetition... :-)

There's been suggestion before of a zope-novice list. The fear in the
past is that that this would strand all the new users w/o any experienced
users to provide support.

I spend a lot of time on the PostgreSQL mailing lists. There are about 15
lists there, divided into different interfaces, but also including a
-novice, a -general, and a -hackers. I think, with little exception, it
works great.

Perhaps the -general/-hackers split you're suggestion will be more
palatable to our community than the -novice/-general split that has been
brought up before.

Take care,

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant