[Zope] ZPT and DreamWeaver

alex@quad.com.ar alex@quad.com.ar
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:32:19 -0300

I've been reading about Zope Page Templates and it looks like its targeted
to DreamWeaver and GoLive (as Evan said) now, how do DreamWeaver users
interact with zope?
supposing you are using latest dreamweaver (4.0 + 4.0.1 patches), be it
either WebDAV or FTP there's no way dreamweaver will open the extension-less
zope files in its editor, unless you drag-n-drop it, and in that case,
dreamweaver will refuse to show the 'design' view (rendered hml).
Now, how can ZPT be targetted to an IDE that won't directly interact with
zope in the first place, I just don't get it. As far as I know, Adobe has
received quite a lot of complains about this behaviour (ignoring the
Content-Type and just guess the file type based on the its extension name),
and there is still no good signs on this changing in future releases.

What do you think it's the best solution to use DW4.0.1 on Zope (for editing
ZPT) ?
are there any patches to zope, that will append '.html' on webdav/ftp when
the user agent is dreamweaver or anything else ?

I've been reading some threads on the mailing list archive, but I couldn't
find any solution yet..

any suggestions would be great..

thanks in advance
Alex Verstraeten