[Zope] Disabiling tracebacks

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 01:47:45 +0000

>It works, but when I purposefully fail to authenticate myself, I see a
>page which tells me there's been an error. If I examine the HTML source of
>that page, I see a Python traceback of the error.
>
>I would like to disable the Python tracebacks when I would use this
>software in production.

I went to zope.org and searched for standard_error_message

Two documents which seem helpful:

http://www.zope.org/Members/JohnC/StandardErrorMessage

seems to be saying that there is no way to stop the
tracebacks. Debug mode only makes a difference by showing
the traceback or hiding it in HTML comments. If this is
true, I figure you could still get around this behaviour
by digging around in the source and finding out where the
traceback is being sent out.

http://www.zope.org/Members/dparker/tracebackcontrol

seems to say that you _can_ stop tracebacks, by
setting the OS environment variable
BOBO_DEBUG_MODE=0

So, I guess I would try that, search the mailing list archives
for something (this has probably come up before), hope for a
more definitive answer from the list, and finally dig around
in the source by grepping for error_message, error_tb, and
the exact text that surrounds the commented out tracebacks
in your HTML error pages.