[Zope] Not persistent on all classes please

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:05:55 +0200

I have a class in a product, which inherits from another product which in
turn inherits from another product class.
Consequently, I have inherited from the persistance class which makes object
stick in the ZODB after you close it down.

Now that's nice and all and there's not much I can do about it.
But suppose that in this particular subclass I do NOT want the persistance
base class. I don't want these objects to stick in the ZODB.

Is that possible to cicumvent?

I would like to do something like this:

class Subsubsubclass(basecomponent, - persistance)

Peter

PS. All I know about persistance is that if you base class it, you
automatically get persistent objects. How it happens, I don't know.