[Zope] Block IP address in Z-Server?

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 12:46:20 -0400

> From: Jerome Alet <alet@unice.fr>
>
> Do you mean launching Zope through xinetd ?
>
> Isn't it a big performance loss ?

No, you wouldn't want to do that, since it takes a while to launch... run
zope (via init.d for example), but also run xinetd, set up to intercept
anything on port 80.  What I do (since I'm currently just running zServer
behind xinetd, no Squid yet), is redirect that (port 80 on any interface) to
localhost:8080 and run zope to use that port... that way nothing can get
around xinetd...  there are lots of similar ways to do it.  Then, you have
all of xinetd's logging, blocking, etc. facilities.