[Zope] 'popen' calls not happening?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:50:12 +0100

* Jean Jordaan <jean@upfrontsystems.co.za> [010907 12:48]:
> > yes, but where are you returning the value of 'errors'?
>
> The external method ends with::
>
>     return dongles, errors, success, secfeko

Oh, OK, I thought perhaps you'd forgotten to do this :-)

> I've also tried without wrapping the popen3 call in a 'try',
> same thing (the textfile doesn't get written) ..

Well, here's some more suggestions, hopefully more useful:

 - you're capturing stderr from the child process but you're not
   returning it.  If it's failing for some reason, which it appears to
   be doing, you won't know about it.
 - try running your external method from the command line
 - try replacing the call with something simple like 'touch'

hth,

seb