[Zope] zope 2.4.x crashing on RH 7.x

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 07 Sep 2001 16:04:56 +0100

bak (kedai) wrote:

> hi
> setup
> tried both zope 2.4.0 and zope2.4.1
> data migrated from another zope instance (zope2.3.3) via ChrisM export recipe
> at zopelabs
>
> zope runs ok for a while, but then restars .. and after a while restarts ..
> this goes on for a while ..
>
> with big M switch, nothing much on it.   hangs on gif calls, some rdb call,
> some normal dtml method.
>
> got a few
>
>  Aiieee! 19489 exited with error code: 11

This looks like the py_malloc problem in Python 2.11, which causes
segmenatation faults like you're seeing.

You need to recompile Python 2.11 without py_malloc.

You should probably recompile zope after you've recompiled python, but I
don't know if it is really necessary.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer