[Zope] External script generates xml - how to turn it into an xml file object

Andy Bulka abulka@netspace.net.au
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 07:51:56 +1000

I have an external script that generates an xml string - how do I
turn that xml text into an zope xml file object ?

 1. If the external script returns the xml as a string, zope doesn't
like tags in the string. xml within xml issues, I guess
 2. If I encode the < and > symbols in the xml returned by my script,
then search and replace them back again - this search and replace
only works for a DTML document and not a file object.

Perhaps my script should generate a file instead, then I could import
the file into an xml file object directly.  But I want to do this
programatically, not though a form file upload.

thanks for any guru thoughts.

-Andy Bulka