[Zope] trees, SQL and ODB's

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 22:50:38 +0100

> If you read ZSQL documentation you see that it gets it's args from a few
> places only so the best advice is to explicitly pass the args you need
> in
> your ZSQL-DTML. This is done for security. If you really need to pass
> some
> namespace, pass that namespace explicitly and use it from your DTML
> explicitly.

I always pass arguments explicitly to ZSQL methods. So my ZSQL Method needs
a "parent" param, but it seems that in order to be iterative I need to pass
the current namespace (so the Method can find the ZSQL Methdos next time
round the loop)....so what do I do?

<dtml-var "tree(parent=category_id, <the current namespace>)">

I've tried "_", "PARENTS" and anything else I can think of, but it still
doesn't work....

Tom

p.s This leads onto the recurring question (for me at least) of there not
being a way (in the standard_error_message) to fully browse the namespaces
(and their contents) at error time.  Zope is fine when everythings is fine,
but when it( or rather something I do) goes wrong it's hopeless...

--
tom smith    |    tom@othermedia.com    |    http://www.othermedia.com/blog
0207 089 5959   |   Floor 3, The Pavilion, Newhams Lane, London SE1 3UZ