[Zope] trees, SQL and ODB's

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 00:09:11 +0100

> I have a little rule of thumb, if assistance starts with "I wouldn't start
> from here if I was you", stick it where the sun don't shine!

Your un-sunny place must be pretty full ;-)

> p.p.s What is your data is part tabular and part tree-like (like most
data),
> where does that leave your thumb?

Store the the tree in the ODB, store the table in a RDB. Wash your thumb
afterwards.

> How do I make an iteractive DTML that calls itself AND passes all the
> namespaces (to things such as ZSQL methods)?

Use Python Scripts for logic ;-)

If you're a masochist:

in my_method:

<dtml-var my_method>

...should do it or:

<dtml-var "my_method(_.None,_,some='other stuff')">

...should you want to pass other parameters.

Chris