[Zope] trees, SQL and ODB's

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:11:00 +0200

Hanno Krosing wrote:
> btw, I have stopped using that method and have instead written a small
> class
> in an External Method that has all the required methods/properties a
> dtml-tree
> tag needs.  It's not suitable for very deep trees as it read's all of
> the tree
> when used, but it can cache it's data so it is not as bad as it sounds
> in
> a general case.

Woahh, what do I have to do to get my hands on this small class?
I seem not to be able to figure tree out even if my live depended on
it (luckily it doesn't). All this tpValue and tpId stuff just doesn't
want to work for me. n.b. I can't figure out where "most zope objects
support" tpId and tpValues. ObjectManagers children work with the tree,
but where do they define these attributes/methods? Instead TreeTag.py
seems to use for instance oid for zope objects as id.

cheers,
oliver