[Zope] ZCatalog and the sad state of Zope Book

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@worldonline.cz
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:43:47 +0200

> "web_updated" is not used by Zope - neither in .py files nor in .dtml files.
> Are you using any other third-party products ?

I found the error. And it was my own error. Neither Zope nor  Zope Book
are at fault. I'm very sorry.

Here's what happened:

My standard_html_footer is modified. It displays a web_updated property.
It is a property of Zope root folder.

When importing data from Zope 2.3.2 I did not transfer this property.

My sincere apologies.

Still, does the current instance of Zope Book descibe all new features
of ZCatalog?

I was searching through Zope looking for newest ZCatalog information,
but there was not anything useful.

I'm interested in PluginIndexes. The information in README for
PluginIndexes is very sparse. What are PluginIndexes good for?

Let's say I have two ZClasses, Z1 and Z2. Both have a property with a
same name. I need to make a query that will return data only from Z1.

- Can I do that using single ZCatalog named "Catalog" and PluginIndexes?
How?

- Is it still inevitable to only have one ZCatalog and to call it
"Catalog" if I need automatic reindexing?

--
Milos Prudek