[Zope] (no subject)

Mitchell Model mlm@acm.org
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:35:27 -0400

What is the standard procedure for running several different Zope
instances from the same installation.  We have Zope installed in a
Unix directory shared across workstations, and we want to run Zope
servers on several different machine-port combinations, each with
their own object repository and, ideally, their own set of Extensions
and Products.  I'm not looking for anything fancy, just some
procedural recommendations.

Another way of asking this, I guess, is: when you start Zope, are all
files and directories obtained from the directory from which you
started it, or can you point Zope to a common installation but take
certain files and directories (Extensions, Products, and whatever ZODB
needs) from the startup directory?
--

    --- Mitchell