[Zope] Add "type > myzClass" does not have a property for title?

Laurie Nason laurien@blake.3dem.bioch.bcm.tmc.edu
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:17:25 -0500

Hi Trevor,
I was pointed in the direction of creating a dtml-method inside the ZClass,
called 'title' and then using some dtml I can put whatever I like into it,
even reference some of the properties of the ZClass itself
hth,
Laurie

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Trevor Toenjes
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 11:00 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Add "type > myzClass" does not have a property for
title?

Have I missed something?
Or is "title" completely missing when you add a zClass object?
It only asks for the ID.

I have had to add "title" manually to the "property sheets" to compensate
for this.
If I am not mistaken, This seems like a major ommission and Zope
inconsistency with zClasses which are supposed to be Folder-like.

The Zope Book "Chapter 9" says to create a "title" index in a zCatalog, but
the zClass doesn't have a "title" property...?

Thanks for any clarification on this,
-Trevor