[Zope] Zope 2.4.0, CookieUserFolder, Anonymous Access

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 10:29:45 -0400

achim,

you're correct, i can reproduce the symptoms you describe.

in general, it is a *very hard* problem to make user folders cooperate
seamlessly when their authentication mechanisms differ, such as the
CookieUserFolder and a user folder that uses basic HTTP authentication.

if i change the code that tries to hand off authentication to a userfolder
above to behave in the "normal" fashion then no users defined in your
CookieUserFolder will ever get the login form unless they visit it "by
hand".

i will think about it a little bit more and try to come up with a more
elegant solution.
as it stands, the CookieUserFolder is not well suited for being anywhere
but in the toplevel folder.

jens