[Zope] specifying a different default view than index_html

Mitchell L Model mlm@acm.org
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 16:40:59 -0400

>This may seem like overkill.  Then again, it may seem overly
>simplistic.  Here goes...
>
>You can put a (big) <dtml-if> statement in your index_html.  In the if
>statement, you can check to see if you user was looking for the "root"
>index_html.  If so, render the unique text (i.e., the first portion of
>the if statement).  Otherwise, render the "else" portion of the if
>statement.
>
>I believe that you can determine what the specific URL is in the REQUEST
>parameter.  You should be able to do an equivalency check on the root
>folder.
>
>Hope that helps.

Duh.  This is why pair-programming and active mailing lists like this
are so valuable -- it's so easy in programming to get so stuck in the
complexities of your problem that you can't step back far enough to
see the simplicity of the situation.  It takes an innocent bystander
to whack you over the head and say "huh?  why don't you just do
this?".  (I think the introduction to your response -- wondering at
the same time whether the solution is overkill or overly simplistic
-- might be a hallmark of such situations.)

Thanks for the whack.  Should work just fine.