[Zope] how-to: dynamically create a list for the Value of a zClass multiple-selection Type?

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:50:30 -0400

The DTMLMethod and Python script get the same error now.
They are in the methods tab of 'myZclass'.
ERROR: Cannot locate object at:
http://zope/folder_of_myZclass/myZclass_instanceX

> <dtml-with folder_of_anotherZclass>
>     <dtml-in "objectIds('anotherZclass')">
>         <dtml-var sequence-index>
>     </dtml-in>
> </dtml-with>

OR

> > myList=[]
> > for id in folder_of_anotherZclass.objectValues('anotherZclass'):
> >     myList.append(id)
> > return myList

With my newbie understanding, it looks like this is a namespace/traverse
issue, which I cant resolve.
The zClass is not renedering a DTMLMethod with DTML-with the same way as a
DTMLMethod in the site.  Why doesnt the DTML-with acquire
folder_of_anotherZclass?

Here is my structure:
root  ***using SiteRoot for Virtual Hosting
  |-folder_of_myZclass
      |-myZclass_instance1
      |-myZclass_instance2
      |-myZclass_instance3...
  |-folder_of_anotherZclass
      |-anotherZclass_instance1
      |-anotherZclass_instance2
      |-anotherZclass_instance3...

I tried to force a path with ...
<dtml-with expr="BASEPATH0.folder_of_anotherZclass">

-Trevor