[Zope] Trigger open/download of file object via script

Curtis Ruck cwr2045@tntech.edu
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:30:55 -0500

1st make sure you use File objects.  2nd make sure content type is set
properly.  For word documents it should be(without quotes):
"application/msword".

That will tell IE to download it instead of view it

Yours in Service,
Curtis W. Ruck

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org] On Behalf Of Andy
Bulka
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 10:24 PM
To: Zope egroups List
Subject: [Zope] Trigger open/download of file object via script

How do I trigger open/download of file object, whose id have had their
.filename extensions removed?

My file objects (that have been uploaded into zope via a form) are not
given
Id's that are the same as their original filename (cos of possible
duplicate
filename & other issues), thus clicking on a hyperlink genjerated with
zope
code like this:
ain't gonna trigger a open/download dialog box (cos IE sees no file
extension is present, I guess)

Note that I *do* keep the original filename with extension - as the
*title*
of the file object (rather than as its Id) )
e.g. file01  has a title "fred.doc"
e.g. file02  has a title "another letter re news.doc"

EXAMPLE WHAT I WANT:  I want to be able to click on a hyper link entry
for
say, "file02" and get a open/download dialog box prompting me to
save/open
that zope object as "another letter re news.doc"

thanks for any help on this,
-Andy Bulka