[Zope] pcgi-wrapper: Interrupted system call (102) failure during connect

Rich West Rich.West@divatv.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:22:09 -0400

Okok.. I looked through the archives, and came up with a couple of
people having similar problems, but, alas, the problem I am seeing is a
bit different.

I can execute ./start to start up Zope, and I can get to the web server
via http://mydomain.com:8080.  However, the key here was to use the
Zope.cgi in order to have Apache serve the pages (due to other
constraints, I have no other option there).

With the server a 2.3.0 things had been working for several months
(installed and running since April 2001).  Recently (today), the guy
using the server came to me saying it was down.  I looked, and I get:
  The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try
again later.
  </TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
(102) failure during connect
<!--
Interrupted system call
pcgi-wrapper-version 2.0a5
-->

And the log shows:
pcgi-wrapper: Interrupted system call  (102) failure during connect

Now, as with most developers, they do not tell the admin's (me) when
something is not working that isn't urgent.  I have no idea how long the
server was not working.  No changes were made to the virtual hosts
section within apache.  It fires off the Zope.cgi correctly.. no big
deal there.

I can recreate the problem by executing the Zope.cgi script by hand, so
that eliminates the Apache server config.  I can run ./start
successfully, which eliminates the zope server. At that point, it seems
to be the Zope.cgi and PCGI interaction, and, with that, I am at a loss.

Since I am running this under Solaris, I've 'truss'ed the living
daylights out of the ./Zope.cgi script to no avail..

Any insights or pointers would be fantastic.

Please respond to both the list and directly to me..
Thanks!
-Rich

--
Richard West                            mailto:richard.west@divatv.com