[Zope] Converting List properties in DTML Documents to python lists

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:37:50 -0400

complaw@hal-pc.org wrote:

>Is there an API call in Zope that takes the contents of a lines property (such
>as in a DTML Document) and returns a python list?  I couldn't find one.
>
>In the alternative, does anyone have a code snippet for converting the contents
>of a lines property into a list (or appending it to an existing list?
>
>I want to write a python function that returns a list of the contents of a DTML
>Docments lines property.

Hi, Ron

I think a lines property *is* a  python list of strings.  Refer to it by
name.  About the only thing special is that you have to use
manage_changeProperties() if you want persistent changes to the property.

-- Jim Washington