[Zope] INSTANCE_HOME & System rc Script

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:35:48 -0700

--=====================_4808140==_.ALT

Hi;
I'd like to install INSTANCE_HOME, which lead me to the System rc script,
but am a little confused by the instructions:

In the System rc /etc/rc.d/init.d/zope script I read the following:

ZOPE_BASE=/opt/Zope
INSTANCE_BASE=/home/httpd/zope

and again in the env script:
ZOPE_BASE=/usr/local/Zope

Where do these come from? They aren't in my system to begin with. Are they
part of the build? Did they get placed elsewhere? How do I search for them?
Or do I need to write them? Or are these scripts automagically generated?

Place the var and Extensions directories and the access file for the site
in the site directory. If you are starting from scratch, you can make empty
directories and create access with the zpasswd.py utility.

Okay, I can install from scratch. I understand how to change passwords with
the zpasswd.py utility. How do I create access to the new directories I'll
be creating utilizing this utility? Or, do I just build the symlinks and be
done with it? What is meant by the above passage?

TIA,
BenO

--=====================_4808140==_.ALT

Hi;<br>
I'd like to install INSTANCE_HOME, which lead me to the System rc script,
but am a little confused by the instructions:<br>
In the System rc /etc/rc.d/init.d/zope script I read the following:<br>
ZOPE_BASE=/opt/Zope <br>
INSTANCE_BASE=/home/httpd/zope <br>
and again in the env script:<br>
ZOPE_BASE=/usr/local/Zope<br>
Where do these come from? They aren't in my system to begin with. Are
they part of the build? Did they get placed elsewhere? How do I search
for them? Or do I need to write them? Or are these scripts automagically
generated?<br>
Place the <font face="Courier New, Courier">var and Extensions
directories and the access file for the site in the site directory. If
you are starting from scratch, you can make empty directories and create
access with the zpasswd.py utility.<br>
passwords with the zpasswd.py utility. How do I create access to the new
directories I'll be creating utilizing this utility? Or, do I just build
the symlinks and be done with it? What is meant by the above
passage?<br>
TIA,<br>
BenO<br>