[Zope] remote publishing

Mike Berger mberger@snow.nl
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:47:31 +0200

Hi,

I am a new user of Zope and am still stymied by one question: can documents/objects be published on remote machines? For example: consider Zope installed on a development machine. Once pages/sites have been proofed in Zope, can they be moved -- published -- (by Zope) to a production machine? If so, how?

Barring that possibility (publishing to a remote machine), is it possible to alter the URL of the documents? So, assuming everything is done on one machine, how can the index page of a folder within Zope become the index page at the top level of a domain served on the same machine?

We are not using the ZServer, btw, but Apache.

Thanks for any help, pointers, etc.

Cheers,

Mike Berger
Snow BV