[Zope] SQL-Query result

Florian Schuler florian.schuler@braunconsulting.de
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:37:15 +0200

Greeting,

I=B4m learning Zope/python at the moment. I tried something with =
databases
and it seemed to work.=20
I created a SQL-Method with select name from person where <dtml .... (
it doesn=B4t matter) and call it with

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('user',
getuserbyusername(username=3Dusername,password=3Dpassword))">

but now if I make a <dtml-var user> I get an mysteric response. I know =
know the GURUS of you will laugh but you know,
without trying you can=B4t learn anything :-))

The call results in: <Shared.DC.ZRDB.Results.Results instance at
8940d00>

how can I get the real result. It must be somthing like 'Florian
Schuler' my name.

I created a little table in PostGreSQL:
 id |         name         |       vorname        |       username
|       password

  0 | Schuler              | Florian              | flo
| *********
(1 row)

Thanks in advance

Florian