[Zope] Newbie question...

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:58:42 -0400

> From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
>
> could someone please explain to me when and why to use the underscore?
> I still didn't get that. This is about the namespace, right? I read the
> part in the Zope Book, but somehow it just didn't get in to my brain cells ;-)

_ is just the name of a dictionary which contains the context (?) - in
Python, you access dictionaries by giving the key and it returns the value,
so, dictionary[key] = value

I recommend 'the Quick Python Book' by Harms & MacDonald.  The Zope book
assumes you know Python already, and you should - it's not that hard to
learn.