[Zope] beehive zope hosting (OT?)

Philippe Jadin philippe@123piano.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:23:48 +0200

> > I can not see how zope hosting in itself will ever pay for its cost.
>
> In the case of a fully automated setup + administration + maintaining it
> would be possible, and that is what we should consider to build.

As for automated hosting, I'm hosted by imeme.net, and as far as I can
tell, it is fully automated : when I subscribed, I got my own jailed
environement setup, with zope installed with apache, and I have access
to a "client area" where I can add domains and email accounts in
seconds. Then in my zope I have a modified vhostmonster which simply
asks for domain name -> zope path. I can setup a site using this tool in
1 minute for my own customers without the need to ask the hosting
support. There is no extra fee for additional domains. Actually it's
cheaper than any other solution I previously used. I hope they will keep
it like this :-)

Philippe