[Zope] steering Zserver startup messages to syslog?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:21:38 +0200 (CEST)

marc lindahl writes:
 > So, you're saying that -M isn't the same as ZSYSLOG, it's opening a file no
 > a socket...
"-M" is a special purpose very detailed log facility,
more detailed then the standard HTTP log.
It does not use "syslog" but directly writes to a file.

 > Studying z2.py more closely... yes, it's in a different section.  So I
 > guess, there's no way to have ZSYSLOG as a command line parameter to z2 or
 > start scripts?
I do not know ZSYSLOG, but I would expect that it uses
the system "syslog" function to log problems only (and not routinely
all HTTP requests). It probably works....

Dieter