[Zope] LoginManager or exUserFolder

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:35:56 +1000

+-------[ Mayers, Philip J ]----------------------
| What are membership services then?

Basically a layer over the top of authentication and properties.

Password parsing to make sure it conforms to some heuristic, allowing
users to signup by themselves, change their own passwords, email them
a new password, create 'home' directories et. al.

| One other thing I did run into is that roles in my user source are a
| separate table with a foreign key back to the username, rather than
| space-separated as a column in the user table - for that reason, the default
| SQL user source wouldn't work for me (since as it happens I do store the
| crypt in the table at the moment - so near and yet so far).
|
| I probably could have done a fiendish CREATE VIEW... but I had about ten
| minutes of downtime to get the site from 2.3 to 2.4.1! I'll take a look at
| it again in a test setup.

The SQL Methods used are actually created inside the pgAuthSource Folder
inside the acl_users. Should be pretty simple to do some sort of join, or
alter the method inside pgAuthSource to fetch the roles seperately.

You just have to munge the roles into a list before returning out of the
authSource though.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |                      |