[Zope] Performance of dtml-in and ZCatalog

Oliver Erlewein erlewein@gmx.de
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:52:29 +0200 (MEST)

Hi

I'm having performance problems with Zope 2.4.0. I migrated from 2.3.2
(don't know wether the performance there was better). My system runs on
Solaris-Intel with a 1Ghz processor and 512Mb RAM (I'd say that quite a big system). I
use Apache for the Virtual Hosting and SSL encryption.

When I have large dtml-in's or a ZCatalog (about 2000 Items) search then it
takes quite a while for the response. This would not be so bad if it were not
for all other user-sessions freezing up aswell.

I can't see any tuning possibilities on the programming / frontend side. My
guess is, that it has something to do memory allocation (zope desn't use all
of the 512Mb although it could) or that there are not enough treads,.... I
have no clue of where to look. Maybe somebody has had simmilar experiences.
With that kind of hardware Zope should be able to handle at least 20 conurrent
users. As is I don't stand a chance. So please HELP!

Thanx!
Oliver

http://www.gmx.net