[Zope] ZRTChat - updated

Danny William Adair danny@adair.net
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:52:47 +1200

Hello Jim,

yes,

os.path.join(INSTANCE_HOME,'Products')

should do, even if you don't have a INSTANCE_HOMEd installation

If I read

lib/python/App/FindHomes.py

correctly, Zope's INSTANCE_HOME will be set to the same value as
SOFTWARE_HOME if there is no environment variable found with that name

from http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/Products/Zope/2.4.0/CHANGES.txt :
 - If an INSTANCE_HOME is defined and has a 'lib/python'
          subdirectory, it will be added to the front of the Python path.

(which means that products have to reside under
"INSTANCE_HOME/Products" rather than "INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/Products", got
that wrong in my last email)

BTW, There also is a nice how-to at
http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/instancehome

Danny