[Zope] message edit

Adam Warner lists@consulting.net.nz
26 Sep 2001 02:30:27 +1200

On Wed, 2001-09-26 at 01:24, Hout, Eric van den wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not exactly,
> I need a way the user can insert a picture somewhere in the text. The
> pictures does not have to been seen immediately, but he or she does not have
> to create html/dtml either.

Eric, I've never seen a web interface that lets you graphically place
pictures somewhere in the text. The best you can do with a standard html
form is provide an upload file location and provide users with a way to
say where that image should appear in the text.

If you check out the advice you were given by Tim Wilson:

[ You might look into structured text. I've used it with some
non-technical folks with good success. Read more at
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/STX ]

You will see that "Fortunately Structured Text supports conventions for
hyperlinks and image tags."

So you could create an html form that allows people to enter text,
upload images and link to those images using structured text
conventions. And they wouldn't have to learn html/dtml.

Regards,
Adam