[Zope] ZSyncer, changed subobjects not visible on top

Arno Gross zope@consotec.de
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:13:09 +0100

Hi,

I want to notify the developers of ZSyncer for a small bug.
The product is working really  well in most cases but when
an object is changed in a subfolder it doesn't affect the
status of the folder container of that changed object.

Example:
Root(folder)
  ----Test(folder)
         index_html(DTML document)

Lets suppose that we have two servers to sync.
(SrvSource->SrvDestination)
Lets  change the content of index_html on SrvSource.

We start an instance of ZSyncer product on SrvSource.
This instance is checking for the root folder will mark
the folder Test as OK -although an object which is contained by
it was changed.
Of coarse if we do a sync on that folder(Test) it will show
that the index_html was changed and needs to be updated.
I am not sure if it's a bug but I had to notify somebody.

Best Regards