[Zope] re: error message importing zope file

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:06:09 +0200

Mark Halegua writes:
 > A question.  My local server, running SuSE 7.0 with Zope 2.4.1, when I'm
 > connected to it via my browser, does it use the Python local to the Zope
 > server, or to the browser?
 >
 > I'd think it would use the Python local to the Zope server, but I'm not sure.
You are right, it uses Zope's Python.

 > Does it make a difference the media I'm using to transfer the export file?
 > Because I'm having problems getting the laptop connected to my network, I'm
 > using a floppy to transfer the zexp file to the local server and copying it
 > to the import directory.
It should not, but "zexp" is a binary format.
When there is some link in the chain that thinks it needs to handle
text file line endings, then the content would get corrupted...

You might try an XML export (text based) and see whether the problems
disappear.

Dieter