[Zope] Zope help

Rengasamy, Samy srengasamy@firstam.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:45:50 -0600

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the help. I am going to finish the 5th chapter in the ZopeBook,
downloaded from zope's doc site.
I still have not found the info you have posted.
Where did you acquire this info? I just want to make sure I am reading the
right docs.

Samy Rengasamy.

Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 00:51:22 +0200
From: Sven Rudolph <sven@spaghetticode.de>
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] How to refer an object in a sub folder?

Hello Samy.

> How do I refer to 'index' in the folder 'java' from an object in 'tech'?
>
> <dtml-var java/index> ???
Try this:
<dtml-var "java.index">

If you rename your file to "index_html" you can even do this:
<dtml-var java>

Please keep in mind, that you are dealing with objects in zope, _not_ files
and folders.
(Even if the management screens make you think this)

If your browser looks for
http://my.zopeserver.org/main/sub/sub1/anothersub/index_html
this is similar to
<dtml-var "main.sub.sub1.anothersub">
or
<dtml-var "main.sub.sub1.anothersub.index_html">

Greetings

Sven Rudolph