[Zope] XML-RPC , can not use objectIds trough the web

Thomas Guettler zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 08:50:07 +0200

Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 10:29, Thomas Guettler wrote:
>
>>Robert Rottermann wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Zopistas,
>>>
>>>I am trying to access Zope trough xml-rpc as described by Amos in
>>>http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/01/xmlrpc/index.html?page=1
>>>(and as found in other examples)
>>>This examples assume that you can access the content of a folder trough the
>>>web by
>>>visiting something like
>>>http://localhost:8080/objectIds
>>>however this results in following error:
>>>The object at http://localhost:8080/objectIds has an empty or missing
>>>docstring. Objects must have a docstring to be published.
>>>
>>>is there a way to circumvent that?
>>>thanks for your tips
>>>

>>Changing the source of zope works. Give this function a docstring.
>>

> How?  Where?  Is this documented somewhere so a relatively dense person
> (such as myself) could do it?

Here is how I did it:

cd $YOUR_ZOPE_HOME/python; grep -rsi "def objectids" *

OFS/ObjectManager.py:    def objectIds(self, spec=None):

--> change ObejctManager.py
def objectIds(...):
    "foo docstring"

If you are on windows and don't know grep. Google for cygwin.

  thomas