[Zope] Get exposure for a new site

Milos Prudek milos.prudek@tiscali.cz
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 18:54:29 +0200

seb bacon wrote:
> Check out Google AdSelect.  You only pay for actual click throughs, and
> can filter it to your own country.  The price you pay varies according
> to how many competitors you have for the same keywords, and how much you
> want to appear above them on the list.

Thanks!

I just discovered that www.netscape.com uses data from http://dmoz.org,
and submission to dmoz.org is free.

dmoz.org says that their Open Directory is used by Google (among
others). And Yahoo! says that it uses Google data.

So why should I pay $299 to Yahoo!, if I can get listed by
dmoz.org->Google->Yahoo automatic path? There must be a difference!
Yahoo does not offer any "top placement" for those $299.

--
Milos Prudek