[Zope] _v_container KeyError in CoreSessionTracking 0.9

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:04:47 +1000

Man, that was fast. Thanks, Chris.

Is this safe to do, or is it just a quick hack to get rid of the
exception? Do you know that it won't cause any harm?

I'd like to upgrade to Zope 2.5 for many reasons, but I'm not in the
mood for doing the compatibility dance right now :-(

>Eeek.
>
>Try changing the line in that file that says:
>
>  del self.sdm._v_container
>
>to:
>
>  if hasattr(self.sdm, '_v_container'):
>      del self.sdm._v_container
>
>... and then upgrade to Zope 2.5's sessioning stuff as soon as
>possible... hopefully this will get you through.
>
>Itai Tavor wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I repeatedly get this error:
>>
>>2002-04-05T00:24:31 ERROR(200) ZODB Close callback failed for
>><Products.CoreSessionTracking.SessionDataManager.ConnectionCloser
>>instance at 0x8e12e4c>
>>Traceback (innermost last):
>>   File /opt/zope/2.4.4b1/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 283, in close
>>   File
>>/home/zope/Main/Products/CoreSessionTracking/SessionDataManager.py,
>>line 581, in __call__
>>KeyError: _v_container
>>
>>Anybody knows why? I'm using Zope 2.4.4b1, python 2.1.2,
>>CoreSessionTracking 0.9, with the standard RAM session storage.
>

>--
>Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
>http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com
>"Killing hundreds of birds with thousands of stones"

Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"      --