[Zope] Discussion: Best practice site struture (LONG)

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 17:49:15 +0200

Thomas Guettler wrote:

> Max M wrote:
>
>> Hmm this i quite a long rambling, but I think it sums up most of the
>> problems and approaches I have experienced with Zope developing
>> rather large sites.
>
> I took a completly different approach. All data is stored in a
> document class which inherits from Folder. All these documents have
> an unique ID and are in one BTree.

Well thats another way of seperating view and controller. And it should
work at least as good as using an rdbms.

> BTW, What is your last name? (Max *M*)

Max Møller

But actually it is Rasmussen.

Max Møller Rasmussen :-)

> BTW2: The btree-based relation.py I mailed you some weeks ago
> is broken. The keys in BTrees must all be of the same type or you
> get really strange behaviour. I think I will use ZCatalog.

Uhh ... Anger and fear leads to the dark side ...

regards Max M